(Written at the height of the Ganpati Visarjan)
I don't mind that you believe
I don't mind your games of faith,
I don't grudge you these days of joy
As you appeal to your Gods of fate.
I don't mind your celebrations
I believe in personal choice'
But how dare you break my peace of mind
With your infernal f****** NOISE!!
You knock on my door, you ask for my cash
So you may fund your cause,
I don't grudge my contribution
Nor count it as a loss.
But when the lights come on, the stage is set
And the loud-speakers find their voice,
I sit in my room with my brain in shreds
Hating every second of that f****** Noise!!
Are the Gods so hard to please
That only ear-splitting music can move?
Or is your faith so fragile that
You need the senseless sound to prove?
I watch the Idol being surrounded by
A dozen DJs and drummer boys,
Oh, how I wish I could shoot each one in the head
Before they make a single f****** NOISE!
No comments:
Post a Comment