And there it is.. one month through, and still standing. Who would've thought. And crazy part is, the whole thing feels like its lasted as long as a giant deep breath. Whoosh!
Came home today, and was greeted first by my family, then by an SMS informing me that 29000 has been added to my account. Suddenly I wasn't that sleepy anymore, and in the mood to drive to the mall for some stuff for my room; things that were previously luxuries, but now had crossed the line to necessities, like Nutella jars and coke cans.
On being a houseman in MICU..
Scenario.. Patient gasps, relatives panic, staff brings intubation tray, registrar intubates.. the whole thing takes 3 minutes. But for the next 3 weeks, the houseman suctions the tube. Every 30 minutes, or else the patient dies. Gist.. Suctioning sucks.
But on the other hand, after a while, there comes this urge to not have a single blocked tube under your watch. And you ask around, read up, find out out about nebulisations and N-acetylcholine flushes, and a week goes by without a single death due to tube block. Ofcourse, noone notices, but you notice, and you realise that sometimes, taking things a tad personally helps you get better. Thought for the future.
On interns..
To all my former residents who suffered during my internship, I get it now, and I'm sorry if I did any stupid things that made your life tougher.
Interns are God's way of helping residents keep the faith during troubled times.
On hanging on..
I have been encouraged on a daily basis to do so, with the promise that it will get easier, and will be completely worthwhile. Might even get fun, once the climbing starts. Thanks Mohit. Genuinely appreciated.
Thats it for now. Hope you've been doing well. Ciao.
Came home today, and was greeted first by my family, then by an SMS informing me that 29000 has been added to my account. Suddenly I wasn't that sleepy anymore, and in the mood to drive to the mall for some stuff for my room; things that were previously luxuries, but now had crossed the line to necessities, like Nutella jars and coke cans.
On being a houseman in MICU..
Scenario.. Patient gasps, relatives panic, staff brings intubation tray, registrar intubates.. the whole thing takes 3 minutes. But for the next 3 weeks, the houseman suctions the tube. Every 30 minutes, or else the patient dies. Gist.. Suctioning sucks.
But on the other hand, after a while, there comes this urge to not have a single blocked tube under your watch. And you ask around, read up, find out out about nebulisations and N-acetylcholine flushes, and a week goes by without a single death due to tube block. Ofcourse, noone notices, but you notice, and you realise that sometimes, taking things a tad personally helps you get better. Thought for the future.
On interns..
To all my former residents who suffered during my internship, I get it now, and I'm sorry if I did any stupid things that made your life tougher.
Interns are God's way of helping residents keep the faith during troubled times.
On hanging on..
I have been encouraged on a daily basis to do so, with the promise that it will get easier, and will be completely worthwhile. Might even get fun, once the climbing starts. Thanks Mohit. Genuinely appreciated.
Thats it for now. Hope you've been doing well. Ciao.
1 comment:
Thank you for saying that nice thing about interns. It's good to hear, even if from a resident in another hospitals.
Good going. Good luck.
Post a Comment