Monday, January 19, 2015

Alone

Feel the darkness, not the absence of light.
Its not the ending of the day that makes it a night.
Pleasure doesn't preclude the possibility of pain.
Love and anger can co-exist and remain.

To understand something is to understand it's core,

Whatever is left when there is nothing more.
To know the truth is to forget all else that is known.
And to truly love is to love alone.

The world is chaos; and it is filled to the brim.

While in a tiny little island of solitude I swim.
The waves of disharmony rise up to a tide
I watch as life and lives collide.

Like sinking sailors scramble to a boat,

We clutch at each other to keep us afloat.
But remember we'd set out to sail on our own,
And when we cross that horizon, we sail alone.

Notice its not death that terrifies the soul,

Rather the apparent loss of supposed control.
But what of life beyond the stopping of the breath?
Or is the ending of this life all that is death?

Perhaps, there's more to existence than meets the eye.

And in singularity, there's more to me than just I.
The words have been spoken, the path has been shown.
Follow I must; and I must follow alone.

No comments: