Monday, March 30, 2015

Pool

Everything seemed in their places
After what felt like ages
of plotting and planning;
I had everyone standing
right where I wanted them.
So I went on with it.

But.
As soon as I set the ball rolling,
I knew I had made
The biggest of follies.
Mistake! Should've waited;
I had miscalculated
The true color of those around me.

One thing led to another;
Worlds crashed into each other
and got torn apart;
Hopes dashed;
Before I knew it,
I was trapped -
Being pushed inexorably
Towards a pit of doom,
From which, i assumed,
there was no return.

Some say life is chaos.
Some search for effect and cause.
Some say all control is an illusion;
Others settle for the delusion
Of a life with rules.

As for me, I make
No claim for claim's sake;
Ill just keep playing pool.

No comments: