Thursday, November 12, 2015

Doctor

The life of a doctor is a strange conception
Its like any other life with a few exceptions.
Like where 'Being Alive' has a different meaning.
More a professional term than a human feeling.

I've read more books on dying than I can count in a breath;
Talk about a morbid fascination for death.
I've seen way too much suffering and grieving and pain,
But I've also seen the neuro chemicals in your brain.

That tells me why you're happy, and why you're not
I know the whole pathway of your channels of thought.
I know where you keep your memories, and secrets of old;
It's a place called amygdala, in the hippocampal fold.

I've spent the last ten years saving lives, but yes,
I have lost more lives than I'd care to confess,
Because every life saved is consolation at best
For all the other times when I couldn't save the rest.

I've been coughed on, spat on, peed on and shit.
I've been screamed at, shouted at, threatened and hit.
I've spent weeks in the ward, sleepless nights and days.
I've had blood on my hands, on my clothes and my face.

Ive the expected blade scar. The occasional needle stick.
I'm more paranoid of pricks than a lesbian chick.
Ive dealt with suicidal lunatics, addicts on drugs.
I've dealt with more drugs than a mafia thug.

I've dealt with sick people, and some people who're not sick,
But think that they're sick, because it gives them a kick
I've spent hours hearing stories of their hysterical lives
Hysterical husbands blaming hysterical wives.

I've learnt that all good things have a tinge of regret.
I've had to put my hands in places that I'd rather forget.
I've learnt that anything, anyone can come to an end,
Anytime. Without so much as a warning;

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Why would anyone be paranoid of a lesbian chick :/