Thursday, December 31, 2015

Break My Heart

My love, this pain of uncertainty is unbearable. So,
I'm begging you, my darling. Break my heart, and go.
Gladly I shall come to terms, with my wretched state;
For no more would I have to question; no longer need I wait.

The sound of my silent mourning, would ring far more sweet,
Than your wall of silence that neither reaches nor retreats.
Push me! For I'm perched precarious, on this awkward fence,
Where giving up is too painful, giving in makes no sense. 

The chasm of grief you'll leave behind would be easier to bear,
Than the nauseating stench of hope that now hangs in the air.
For every spasm of regret that I may go through,
Better than be trapped in foolish promises of you.

In time, my mind would free itself from the memories of your face,
Learn to look at a stranger's and not see yours in its place.
Yet now, you'll shade my every moment, until you let me know;
So, I'm begging you, my darling. Break my heart and go.

No comments: