Wednesday, June 10, 2015

The Travel Blog - Day 0 : Recap

I feel I am standing at a threshold of change, and if I were to see my life as a movie, sometime in the next few months would be the dramatic twist followed by the interval. Since I will be getting married around this time, I assume what I am feeling is a version of wedding jitters. Nevertheless, the feeling persists.

Here's a quick look at what's been happening so far, and a gist of what's to come.

1. I completed my 3-year stint in KEM last month, and am now allowed to call myself an MD Medicine doctor, and also charge exorbitant fees from patients for the same treatment an MBBS or BAMS doctor would give. I plan, however, to study further, so that one day I may call myself a DM super-specialist, and charge even more for the same treatment. Should be fun.

2. My poetry has been coming along splendidly, thanks in no small part, to a wonderful group of people calling themselves The Poetry Club, Mumbai, who meet up every month and tell me that while my poems are good, they can be better. Ah, constructive criticism.. where would we all be without it? And how much happier with ourselves?
         But, then again, I did get to shoot poetry videos on Youtube, take part in an online Radiocity show, and get called to judge literary events in colleges. So cheers, TPC! And thanks :)

3. My wedding has been fixed (finally) in the month of August. And just like any other match that has been fixed, I'm hoping rain doesn't play spoilsport.

4. My guitar playing, has unfortunately, taken an inexcusable backseat, and I haven't practiced since that show last year with Vivek, Ankita and Janani. I plan to restart practice in July, but I fret because there are strings attached.

5.  I have been under a lot of pressure to lose weight, mostly from myself. To that end, I have been going swimming, playing tennis, exercising with weights at home, and playing football ( FIFA 15 on Xbox) everyday since the last month. And after a month of all this, I am happy to report that I have lost a total of 0.7 kg. At this rate, I will reach my ideal BMI sometime in the year 2019.

6. My next one month will be spent almost entirely in travelling. I plan to visit Rishikesh for 5 days with my batchmates from KEM. And then, on to Europe for 15 days, where I will be travelling alone. I am going to try to post a blog on each day, however small, to capture the essence of the day, for memory's sake. I hope I can.

There have been a lot of things I have wanted to blog about over the last few months; about KEM residency and how to survive it, about certain conversations I had with amazing people, and the thoughts and the conclusions from those, and about random events that made an impact on me. I apologize to both myself and my readers that I have been unable to do so. I have made note of all of it, and I promise I will try and do justice to them in time.

That's it for now. I must go pack for a month's travel. I'll see you again tomorrow (hopefully), and tell you how unbearably hot Delhi is, and how Rishikesh looks like on first impression.

Take care, and cheers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Solo travel is the best thing that ever happened to me. Happy journey. I wish you many many interesting encounters and conversations and internal soliloquies.