I'm terrified... of living in terror
Afraid of each moment I cross;
The beauty of life is never clearer
Than in the final moment of loss.
Dying for a cause, I can understand
Even death to unfortunate fate.
But this..senseless murder.. I will NOT stand
Being sacrificed to satisfy hate!
There is nothing to say.
But what I'm really terrified about, is whether there is nothing to do. This is the tenth time that my city has been brutalized, in the last decade itself. It is against every principle that we live by. And yet, now there is a sense of acceptance creeping in that is more damaging than the attacks; we cannot, MUST NOT accept this as inevitable. It can never become a part of our lives, it must remain an abomination. One which we must destroy, whatever the cost.
God be with us.
2 comments:
My heart goes out to the innocent victims. Can only hope and pray that peace prevails.
What if it takes more than hope and prayers? Because they dont seem to be working. We're at war, and we're losing.
Post a Comment