I love games. Any game. Both playing them, or enjoying watching someone else play. For several reasons.
First, because thats the only real way to live. People talk about getting realistic, to stop playing around and get serious. But what they dont get is that you are never more alive, alert, calculative and eager to be your best than when you're playing a game to win. Why not live like that.
Second, it teaches us the essence of success. There are rules, and everyone has to follow them. But the legends are the ones who, within the same field, take things to a whole different level. No cheating, no complaints, just competition.
Third, it genuinely brings people together, like nothing else can. I believe sport in general, can be the biggest contributor to world harmony. Even in a converse case, it can take real animosity between two groups of people,(say the citizens of India and Pakistan), and channelize their ill-feelings into a relatively positive outlet. I hereby vote for Mr. Sachin Tendulkar to be nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.
1 comment:
Loved ure last statement... Sooo true..
Totally agree with u.. Esp the third pt.. I feel India, despite having 28 states, 14 diff languages, 5-6 religions,becomes ONE when our cricket team plays on the field against any team... the spirit of being an indian just arouses in every Indian...
Post a Comment