Monday, March 7, 2011

Who Am I

Who am I.
What is my purpose or aim.
If I look inside myself
What would I gain.
I take an Xray mirror
And stare into the frame..

Electric signals are flashing
To and from my brain.
Some relay laughter,
Others bring pain.
Chemical molecules
In my blood, in my veins;
Homeostasis..
Keeping me sane.
Endocrine cells
And glands maintain
Hormones and pathways
And metabolic games.
Urges and cravings
Neurotransmitters help contain.
Bones and joint sockets
Take me through sprints and sprains.
Bacteria, viruses each
With a million and one strains,
Infested and infected
And ingested again.
Poisons and toxins,
Severe alcoholic drain
Drugs and tumor markers
Each with a special stain.


Rapid cell turnover
Every cell in me will change
Everything replaced
And yet I stay the same.
So this is me..
And probably how I will remain.
Who am I? I'm just
A 100 trillion cells and a name.

2 comments:

Aekata said...

This sooo proves that u are a doctor and tooo crazy abt medicine...

Siddharth Warrier said...

thanx aekata. i'l take that as a compliment.