Monday, September 13, 2010

The Awakening


As I live in imperfect peace
Reflecting on actions ill-timed
My vision unclear as I gaze behind
Words spring unbidden into my mind
A world opens with perfect ease.

Like clouds give way to the light of the sun
And lurking shadows slowly recede
See how knowledge does let knowledge breed
And truth reveals truth when the mind is freed
That all life in itself is one.

The colours of the rainbow glimmer into sight
Violet and indigo fade into blue
Green and yellow reach an orange hue
And violet and red seem different, its true
Yet they've all burst forth from white.

If I learn years later what I know today
That my mind doesnt need these eyes to see
And I need no reflected senses to be
This universe is the physical part of me
And I'm alive in every way.

I am the world now, I am its core
Watch Nature unfold before my face
And pieces fall into their place
My eyes now see through the invisible haze
That had blinded me before.

No comments: