
To be born as an eagle
And then refuse to fly
To be born as a winner
And then refuse to try.
To be born as a genius
And then refuse to think
To be born as a musician
And then refuse to sing
To be born as a philosopher
And refuse to contemplate
To be born as an artist
And then refuse to create
To be born as a kite
And refuse to rise above
To be born as a human
And then refuse to love
To be born as a rich man
And then refuse to give
The greatest sin is to be born at all
And then refuse to live.
5 comments:
awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!
u rite wiked peoms
keep it up!!!!!!
thanks.. glad u liked it.
Compared to 'Reflection'its nothing...Should have framed the poem in a different manner....Incoherent...Feels like the only thing you wanted convey is the last line..
@Bharat.. Thanks for sharing your opinion. I agree the poem could have been written differently, but then it would be a different poem with a different name. The last line of the poem does sum up what I wished to convey, but every other line also had a personal significance for me; I wrote this poem almost eight years ago, when I was sixteen, and realizing how little of ourselves we truly put to use.
But again.. Poems touch every reader differently, and that's how it is supposed to be; so do keep reading, and I'll always be interested in hearing other points of view.
SO very Beautiful!!
How we all refuse to live, to live every moment of life, to live in the present.
Post a Comment